For those of you who may not know why I am doing this, this is my last attempt into trying to contact this company in hopes of them being able to look at my proposed redesign and consider it.
And for those who don't know what DealsPlus is, it is a daily deal / coupon site which is one of the top 10,000 sites in the world. They have over 450k likes on facebook and are ranked as the 880th most popular site in America. So they're kind of a big deal.
I use their site at these once a day looking for deals on technology or for finding coupons on certain that I am ordering on another site. So it irks me to see this every time I go the site and now I've had enough of it.
The logo is wrong in my eyes for a few reasons:
- There are two fonts within the logo that do not look similar at all and make it look like a twelve year old with a pirated copy of Photoshop CS2 did it.
- The font for "deals" seems to be working just fine, but why is "plus" so much bigger?
- THAT KERNING ON THE "PLUS."
- And they're probably are more problems and if you find some, tell me in the comments.
And now to the redesign. These are a few things I wanted to keep in mind while overhauling the logo:
- Try and keep the type for "deals" similar to the original.
- Same color scheme, so the whole site color scheme doesn't have to be change as well.
- Make the kerning actually acceptable.
Here is the final of the design and a few things I like about it:
- Type is crisp and clean, and all the same size.
- The "us" is now giving some extra attention by using negative space and a little bit of shine.
- It still has that kiddish yet professional feel that I was getting from it originally.
- The kerning is better and the site's name is shown clear as day.
Hopefully this post will attract some attention and maybe make its way over to the DealsPlus HQ.
Questions? Comments? Critique? Comment below.